Submissions are now closed.
We want poetry that hurts the way bodies do.
We are seeking poetry on the body—its truths, its failings, its landscapes—for a collection examining gender: the physical & performative. Our attempt to upend & interrogate its intimacy or lack thereof.
A Portrait in Blues is about you; the way your heart & mind & limbs ache in the dark.
Editor: jayy dodd
The anthology is currently scheduled for release in November.
- Submissions close April 30th, 2017, and responses will be sent out during July.
- Please send up to five poems/prose poems in a single .doc/docx, PDF or .txt file, and a short third-person bio.
- Please only submit previously unpublished work, this includes personal blogs and websites.
- Simultaneous submissions are also okay, but please do let us know.
- Payment is one physical copy of the book for each contributor.