Broken River Prize
The Broken River Prize is an annual poetry pamphlet contest from Platypus Press. Each year a different poet will judge the contest—this year’s judge is poet and teacher Eduardo C. Corral.
Submissions are now open.
To submit, use the following email:
- Runs between June 1st and August 31st, 2018.
- Finalists and winner will be announced by early 2019.
- No submission fee.
- Win publication and $250/£200 prize money.
- For books between 20 and 40 pages in length.
- The contest is open internationally.
- Finalists will be considered for publication.
Eduardo C. Corral is a poet and the son of Mexican immigrants. His first book, Slow Lightning, was selected by Carl Phillips in the Yale Series of Younger Poets competition.
- Please include a title page and acknowledgements section with your submission.
- The manuscript does not need to be double-spaced unless intended to be reproduced that way.
- You can include previously published poems; however, we would prefer that at least a third be unpublished.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but will require all finalists to withdraw their manuscripts upon notification. Also, please let us know if a submission has been accepted elsewhere.
- All work should be attached in a single .doc/docx or PDF file, and your email must include a third-person bio.
- Please do not submit manuscripts that contain images, artwork, and/or erasure or found poetry.
- The winner will receive ten (10) copies of the published book as well as the $250 prize money.